With more than 20 years of experience, Mediterranean Fertilizers is the fertilizer and fertilizer raw materials selling arm of Amana Holding with around 1 million metric tons of goods sold every year in containers and bulk through chartered vessels to different Asian, African and European countries.
Apart from the fertilizer products sold mainly through its subsidiaries present in four East-African countries, Mediterranean Fertilizers is also the first exporter of Egyptian Rock Phosphate covering different markets mainly in Southeast Asia, Europe, and West Africa.
Our productsIn Bags or Bulk in Containers and Vessels
Rock Phosphate activity:
Mediterranean Fertilizers is the biggest Rock Phosphate exporter in Egypt. Through its affiliated companies in Egypt and facilities on the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea, the company covers the entire Rock Phosphate supply chain from mining to discharging at destination ports.
Mining: The mining activity consists of two waste-free crushing machines installed in one of the biggest Rock Phosphate mines in Egypt providing high quality produce at a capacity of crushing 4000 metric tons per day.
Logistics: The logistics segment is managed by a team of experts who ensure the smooth, efficient, and effective execution of all operations, from the point of extraction to destination. The company provides all the required services of the logistics chain, namely:
- Inland transportation for hundreds of kilometers from the mine to company warehouses on the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Dispatch of the phosphate from company warehouses to final destination, whether bagged in containers, in bulk in containers or in bulk in chartered vessels.
- Shipping at preferential rates and treatment due to the company’s long-standing relationship with the biggest shipping lines.
- Handling the adequate documentation and the needed procedures for exporting products without any delays while ensuring delivery punctuality.
- Providing customer service and following up on dispatches.
Drying & Bagging: A big part of our Egyptian Rock Phosphate is bagged and exported from Egypt in containers.
The drying and bagging processes are also ensured by one of our affiliated companies.
A big part of the Egyptian rock phosphate is exported by Mediterranean Fertilizers to South East Asia, particularly India, Indonesia, and Malaysia, where it is used as raw material or for direct application on certain plantations.
Presence in Africa:
Mediterranean Fertilizers’ distribution activity is run through local entities incorporated in East African countries and is managed through one of its subsidiaries incorporated in Kenya.
The company has recently engaged in successful distribution activity in Malawi as well, namely in Urea and NPK, becoming the main supplier for the Smallholder Farmers Fertilizer Revolving Fund of Malawi (SFFRFM) in 2018.